What is Snapchat ?
Founded in 2011, Snapchat is a mobile app used for networking, communication, messaging, news, content creation and money-making. It’s a blast, not only for friends and influencers, marketers but also for brands too.
And you know what? It’s now one of the most buzzed and lots of traffic about social networks. Specifically, according to Omnicore, over 4 billion snaps, both photos and videos are posted on Snapchat every single day. (2019)
Why Snapchat for business is important
- The audience you were looking for marketing :
Since 80% of Snapchat users are under 34, then are you thinking what I’m thinking? Exactly! Snapchat is the perfect medium for reaching those youth audiences for your business which you have aims at.
- A brand to remember
Snapchat is a great tool to connect you with users in your area and help them recognize your brand. Snap Ads- 10-second video ads appearing between Stories help build brand awareness and promote your business.
- Exclusive love
Users love feeling special. And Snapchat is perfect for that! Show your audience content no one else has access to by teasing a new product or service or by “snapping” a behind-the-scenes look that will interest them.
- Story glory
I’m sure you don’t need me to stress the importance of storytelling in marketing. But, in case you were born yesterday, messages delivered as stories can be up to 22 times more memorable than just facts.
What’s more, not only does storytelling gets your message across more effectively but it also increases your brand favorability in your audience’s eyes and lets your brand’s “personality” stand out.
Remember that the point of storytelling is not to sell but to approach your audience and let them know you better.
Here’s the Story Ads I promised you! This type of ad lets you feature a series of 3 to 20 snaps to tell your story. What differentiates it from the other ads is that it only appears in the Discover feed.
Let’s be frank. Snapchat filters for business are the best fun and creative ads types the platform on snapchat. Take Taco Bell for example and its famous 2017 silly Cinco De Mayo filter.
The Key Snapchat for business Metrics. It’s not that long ago Snapchat only offered their users views and screenshots of analytics. Let’s have a look at the top Snapchat metrics you should be tracking.
As the app’s messages “self-destruct” after a few seconds, users appreciated the novelty and security unique to this app.
But things have changed. At Five years old, Snapchat now has over 170 million users – making it bigger than Twitter. And while the majority of these users are still females between the ages of 13 and 34 audience.
Why should your business use Snapchat?
Considering that 60% of 18-34 year olds in the US watch over 12 billion videos on Snapchat every day, and 80% plus of Snapchat users made a purchase online within the last time, there’s a lot of opportunity to introduce your brand to willing and eager potential customers.
Snapchat’s audience is young and very active.
With 60% of US internet visits occurring on mobile devices, connecting with consumers through Snapchat and other mobile apps.With the most social media platforms, there are free and paid ways to access this growing community on snapchat.
Unique views Find how many people opened your Snapchat’s first frame for at least one second. You can find it by looking at the number of people who opened the first snap of a story every 24 hours.
This doesn’t mean they finished your story or have gone past the first frame but you can still get important insights and it is very accurate.
- View time With this metric, you can see for how long users watched your story.
You can view the year-to-date information and the time in weeks and months too. This is a great metric to keep an eye on since you can easily understand how engaging your content is and when it’s time for a change.
- Completion rate Want to measure the percentage of users who watched your story from beginning to end? Great news for you since now you can see your completion rate on your “Story View Percentage” page without having to do the math yourself.
- Screenshots There may not be a Like button but thank God for the screenshot metric! This one tells you how many users took a screenshot of your snap and You can easily find out. Just check at the number next to the triangle that shows at the left bottom of your story. How to track screenshots on Snapchat example
- Fallout rate Determine when people dropped off when viewing your story by dividing the difference by the views from the first snap and multiply by 100. This formula will help you gather useful data and create a more engaging and useful content for your fans. Snapping it up Well, there you have it! Your Snapchat for business 101 to nail the ultimate millennial social media platform and get a piece of the pie.
This is a platform with so many engaging opportunities for you to interact with your customers. And if your target audience is teenagers and youths, then using Snapchat for business is totally worth your time. Surely, fun and irreverent, this platform can prove key to reaching your marketing objectives and there are only so many ways to do that without spending a dime.
Free methods of Snapchat requires a little bit more effort than the occasional status on Facebook or Twitter, it’s still possible to connect with and grow a Snapchat following without a substantial investment.
- Share behind the scenes footage What’s going on in the office, during the holidays or after hours? !
- Give coupons and discounts on Snapchat is the king of flash sales.
- Tell stories Snapchat Stories consist of short videos that remain visible for 24 hours on a public newsfeed. Therefore, any story has the ability to go viral as friends will be eager to share whatever they think is fun or entertaining.
How can we make videos and photos to disappear within 15 seconds to 24 hours?
it’s not impossible to leverage Snapchat create a lasting impression of your brand on its users! it will be affordable ways in which to incorporate Snapchat into their social media strategies.
Most of the social media platforms, there are both free and paid ways to access this growing community.
Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing | A Beginner’s Guide to Snapchat for Business Snapchat advertising: paid methods If you wish to gain a bit more traction from your Snapchat account then there are different best paid advertising options on Snapchat.
As you gone through the examples listed above already , and think of your own brand, how do you think that you would be able to use Snapchat for marketing for expand your business?